The quickest customs line at Terminal 2 in Pearson International is always the leftmost line. It runs next to the special services line, designed for travelers requiring assistance. Since the special line usually has no passengers, the leftmost line is effectively cleared by two custom officers. Hence, it moves twice as fast.

The customs officer starts with the usual set of quick-fire questions, with a few twists:
  • Where are you coming from?
  • Pittsburgh.
  • Did you catch Crosby while you were there?
Canada's own Sidney Crosby shined in the Pittsburgh at Philadelphia game, scoring two goals and earning one assist, with an amazing breakaway goal in overtime.

It must be a new policy to verify Canadian citizenship using our knowledge of hockey.
  • No, I missed the game on Wednesday. They're playing again on Saturday; I should have stayed an extra day.
  • You should have.
  • I should.
  • So, are you going to get the Xbox 360 with the PowerPC processor?
I took a closer look at the officer before blurting out,
That reaction startled the other weary travelers and officers around us. The officer simply smiled, handed back my customs form and passport before bidding me a good night.