The morning sunlight had already flooded the kitchen floor. Taking a glance at the clock, I quickly poured coffee from the carafe into an aluminum mug. My folks interrupted me just as I was about to sprint out of the house. Can't talk, I'm already late! I exclaimed.

I shoved a stack of paper into my messenger bag along with my coffee. The report's due today and it's not even done!

The car barreled down the asphalt, flanked by dull concrete barriers on either sides. Blustering winds and cloudy skies continue to threaten a thunderstorm. I stole a glance at a map just as the car cruised under an overpass. With the traffic up ahead, I thought about parking my car at Willowdale avenue and taking transit instead. That plan was abandoned as I passed the last offramp. The clock on the dash read 10:38 A.M.

Finally, I arrived in the classroom. I slipped into my usual seat hoping no one would catch me. People were laughing as the session was in full swing. I breathed a sigh of relief as I opened my bag.

I became mortified when I saw a pile of reports on the teacher's desk. The report was due and I don't have it done! Perhaps Mr. Kwan would be lenient if I talked to him after the class.

Wait a minute. This doesn't make sense. Why would I be in high school?

Sunlight had already flooded the bedroom as I checked the alarm clock. It read 7:42 A.M. I shook off the lingering sensation of sheer panic and prepared for another day at the office.

I still panic in my dreams about deadlines and exams; they occur once every one or two months. Curiously enough, it has been close to a decade since my graduation.